Face Cosmetic Surgeries in Istanbul
Rhinoplasty is cosmetic or reconstructive surgery of the nose, a very fine and very delicate surgery. It is a meticulous surgery, and in detail, because of the importance of the nose on the morphology of the face. It allows considerable aesthetic and / or functional gain when the plastic surgeon and the patient have come to an understanding between the desired result and the achievable result.
Basic morphology of the nose respected.
Scalable result up to 1 year and more.
Why Choose Us
What is a Rhinoplasty?
The word Rhinoplasty describes the anatomical and morphological modification of the nose, in order to improve the aesthetics of the nose, and if necessary its functional problems (respiratory disorders). This nose surgery aims to reshape the nose to improve its morphology. This nose operation can therefore specifically correct the defects, whether they are present since childhood or appear during adolescence, or whether they are linked to aging. It is then an aesthetic rhinoplasty. In the event of trauma or deformity, we will perform a reconstructive rhinoplasty, aimed at restoring the nose to a normal and natural appearance.
Are there different types of Rhinoplasty?
There is Cosmetic Rhinoplasty, Restorative Rhinoplasty or Reconstructive Rhinoplasty. We can also categorize Primary Rhinoplasty (nose operated for the first time), and secondary, tertiary, quaternary or more rhinoplasty, which are technically much more difficult because on a multi-operated nose.
We also find Advanced Rhinoplasty where only the tip is treated, ethnic rhinoplasty if it is to treat a very marked nose on the ethnic level (Asian, African ...) and medical rhinoplasty, made only with medicine aesthetic without intervention
Instructions to follow for your Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Strict smoking cessation 2 months before surgery, to reduce the risk of skin necrosis.
- Stop taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or oral anticoagulants in the 15 days preceding the operation, to reduce the risk of bleeding
- Shampoo the day before rhinoplasty
- Perfectly shaved beards and mustache for men
- Undergo the operation in a de-stressed atmosphere: organize yourself well in relation to your work
- Take leave, in case of cosmetic rhinoplasty, because no sick leave will be issued. Allow 10 to 15 days.
- Perform blood tests
- Go to the anesthesia consultation within the legal deadlines between 1 month and 48 hours before the operation.
- Make sure you report all your medications and medical and surgical history.
Rhinoplasty surgery lasts 1 to 2 hours depending on the technique used and the patient's condition.
1st step Anesthesia
The procedure varies from patient to patient as there are many types of rhinoplasty. However, there are some common steps in every procedure that aims to remodel the nose. Anesthesia specialists use one of two sedation methods for rhinoplasty: General anesthesia, General anesthesia administered through a mask or intravenous drip.
2nd step Surgical operation
Rhinoplasty is performed using a closed procedure, where the incisions are hidden inside the nose, or an open procedure, where an incision is made through the columella, the narrow strip of tissue that separates the nostrils. Through these incisions, the skin covering the nasal bones and cartilages is slightly lifted, thereby reshaping the structure of the nose.
Once the underlying structure of the nose is sculpted to the desired shape, the skin and nasal tissues are redraped and the incisions are closed. Additional incisions can be placed in the natural folds of the nostrils to change their size.
At the end of the operation, a splint is placed to protect and stabilize the nose. Wicks (absorbent dressings) are also placed in the nasal passages. These devices will be kept in place for several days.
- Sleep with your head slightly elevated the first week after the procedure, to help the nose to deflate quickly.
- Avoid saunas, hammams, which may increase swelling, during the first 2 months postoperatively.
- Contrary to what is written on many media, I strongly advise against massaging the skin. The massage will in no way prevent swelling. On the other hand, it risks creating a cartilaginous displacement.
- Put steri-strip on the nose during the 1st postoperative month at night, and when you are at home, to help the skin to re-stick.
- Avoid violent sports for 2 months. Sport without risk of physical contact can be resumed 15 days after rhinoplasty.
Request an Appointment
Fill out the form below and we will contact you during our working hours.